The newest pieces on our website expand from the interactive quiz we put up a couple weeks ago:
Do you think you know what’s behind rising health care costs?
Take our quiz and find out. The Top Ten claims about what’s causing health care costs to steadily climb are exposed as true, false, or a little of both.
For a brief explanation of the answers to the quiz – how common claims about rising health care costs fit into the whole story – check out our new Health Care Costs Summary.
To round out this look into rising health care costs, we have a piece exploring How Americans are Responding to Growing Health Costs. Check it out – you may be surprised by the findings!
Also, we’ve added new organizations and websites to our Resources page:
- Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. : Where patients can get free information, advice and advocacy services in areas including health insurance and coverage, disability, and rights.
- eHealthInsurance : Allows you to research health insurance plans available in your state be they Individual & Family, Short-term, or Small Businness. The site allows you to get quotes, compare plans and apply online. Plan information is not available for Rhode Island, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine and North Dakota.
- HealthInsuranceInfo.net : Contains regularly updated consumer guides for getting and keeping health insurance for all 50 states and the District of Columbia, written by The Georgetown University Health Policy Institute.
- National Patient Advocate Foundation : a national non-profit organization providing the patient voice in improving access to, and reimbursement for, high-quality healthcare through regulatory and legislative reform at the state and federal levels.
- Patient Advocate Foundation : A companion to NPAF that rovides professional case management services to individuals facing barriers to healthcare access for chronic and disabiling disease, medical debt crisis and employment-related issues at no cost.